March 25, 2008

NSO DaY!

Ahay! Now I can call myself a victim of the Philippine government's poor services!

I spent the whole day in the National Statistics Office here in Dumaguete. I woke up early to be one of the 150 allowed to apply for a national certification of birth. Actually i was the 123th!

I never expected that there's a lot more inconveniences that awaits me in that government agency!

The NSO building seems to be a typical 1940-1950 residential house acquired by the government through an embargo. The office itself speaks that it used to be a residential house and was not built mainly to become the National Statistics Office of the government.

The building has a very poor ventilation and a narrow hallway. Now Im sure there's a lot of airborne bacteria, fungi and viruses that inhabits its air. Upon entering the building, a "sweaty"fume and warm air welcomes each of its visitor! Truly the place is so yucky! If I was given a choice, I would rather wait for my turn outside than to stay inside that microbial palace!

The agency boasts in its posters that they have a computerized system in retrieving files-"making the process faster". But what happen was a complete opposite of what the poster tries to convey! The whole process was interrupted due to the relapsing power interruptions! And sad to say, they do not have a generator! Now the warm air inside the building turns into a hell-like environment! It seems that the building was designed to roast all its visitors!

My recollection reminds me of how the people complains and loose their temper while waiting for the electricity to come back!

Now this is how we, tax payers of the country, were being served by the government! We experienced all the inconveniences in securing public documents plus health hazards that continues to be a potential risk.

No comments: