December 25, 2011

Gifts for Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

2011 ended very fast for me... It seems it was just a month ago that I attended the Christmas party in Ramiro Hospital with heavy thoughts of resigning; thinking that it would be my last party with them. 

Christmas in Qatar are no more than any other days in the calendar. Its my first time to experience a silent christmas with no excitement even a bit at all.  Most of us Filipinos just cooked a few foods and let the day pass by just like other days. 

This year, I am able to give my parents a gift for Christmas for the very first time and they were happy about it. For mom, I bought her Calvin Klein's Euphoria while for my dad, I gave him a Tommy Nash's polo shirt which might be very useful for his work.

I remember my mom a few months ago, who wishes to buy a new scent at Debenhams but after checking on their prices, she put them back on their shelves and decided to defer her wants and allocated the supposedly amount for what is really needed.

These gifts might be the start of giving back to my parents after all their sacrifices for me and my siblings. The tables were turned this time, they become the receiver and I am the giver. I am happy to be able to afford these for them.

This Christmas, I never received anything but its okey for me. Their simple smiles and "thank you" are more than enough for me.

CK euphoria for mom
Tommy Nash Polo Shirt for Dad

No comments: