December 26, 2011

ARAB GAMES Thanksgiving

Against all the odds, I managed to attend the thanksgiving party for the Arab Games Volunteers.

REACHING THE AREA
Reaching the venue of the party could be very tiresome and costly for me. But with the help of some friends and friend's connection, I was able to reach the Athletes' village at Wakra with ease. Originally, I planned to join my workmates by hitching a ride from one of our seniors in the hospital though instincts barred me for doing so with confidential reasons for me to keep.

Luckily, Ate Fatima's husband named "Wawa" needs company as much as I do. A day before, She called me and offered me to go with Wawa so that I could have a transport going to the secluded venue. Though with hesitations of going with someone I never talked nor introduced to me, I agreed to do so hoping that my "sociable self" would took over me.

THE PARTY ITSELF
The party was boring to be frank and it started late as scheduled. We were patiently waiting for the programme's commencement on a chilly field. I was lucky to grab a coffee with me to keep me warm for an hour.

The people were disappointed with the way the fellowship was managed. But to be fair, they served good food and it seems to be flowing everywhere. There were a lot of food and drinks for everyone. Qatar is a generous host indeed. 

All of us were expecting for a generous gift voucher from the organizers but it never came to us.

BRING UP MY SELF
Surrounded with relatively strangers, I was able to carry myself well and deal with the situation with spontaneity and I am proud of that.

No comments: