December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011

2011 ended very fast. Everything happened so fast for me. Here are the highlights of 2011 for me:

January 2011 - I was so apprehensive on how I am going to tell my seniors and co-workers in Ramiro Hospital that I am planning to resign to seek for a better paying job in Qatar. After careful weighing of things, I submitted my resignation at the last week of January and was firm of that decision.

February 2011 - I made the most of my stay at Ramiro, I spent time with the people Im comfortable with, maintained the right attitude towards work. Though I know I would miss the laboratory and its staff, I know I need to spend more time with my parents in Qatar. Its all a matter of choice between my parents and them. My parents comes first without any hesitations.

March 2011 - I was gearing up for my departure. Secured all the needed documentation and spent my remaining days in the Philippines with good friends. I even invited my bestfriend Pong to Bohol for a week. On March 19 I left the Philippines and tried my luck in a new place - Qatar. On the same date, I found myself on a place so far from where I came from.

       March 26 - I was invited for a training program on Doha Clinic Hospital for a week as per
                          requirement for employment. Due to lack of experience in my field, they choose to turn
                          my application down. Though a bit depressed, I tried my luck applying in other medical
                          institution and my mom was with me all the time, giving me my needed strength and
                          optimism.

April 2011 - I received a call from the American Hospital, inviting me for an interview.After the interview,
                   I was assured that my application is accepted and they would process my papers to transfer
                   my visa sponsorship and would help me file for an application for medical licensing.

                   Mom began to complain about her leg pains and had difficulty in sleeping. I breaks my heart
                   to hear and see her suffer from such pain. All I could do is give her a massage which gave
                   her temporary relief.


May 2011 - I began working at the American Hosptal as a Laboratory Scientist and met new friends at the field. It helps to be surrounded with fellow Filipinos, the adjustment was easy.

Mom's leg pain continues and I continue to give her a leg massage just to put her to sleep. The doctor told us that she needs an operation to take her myoma which might be the reason for her extreme leg pains.

June 2011  - I get used and established my own routine at work. I started going out with friends and explored Qatar more and more.

July 2011  - I got my evaluation certificate for licensing. Experienced the extreme summer heat.

August 2011 - first Ramadan experience. I took the opportunity to take overtimes at work. Spent my birthday with Mom and Dad after so many years!

September 2011 - Mom was scheduled for an operation for her myoma. After the surgery, I wanted to hug my mom seeing her so weak. I am thankful for the successful operation. Mom never had those leg pain episodes anymore and had a very good night sleeps since then.

October 2011 - nothing special happened, purely work , work and work

November 2011 - Experienced EID celebration and went to Dukhan and had a beach party with Laarni. Its the beginning of the winter season.

December 2011 - Volunteered for the Arab Games, Interest in Astrology sparked after meeting a girl, Spent Christmas with my parents after a very long years of Christmas without them

This year was the year of my reunion with my parents. I wanted to spend time with them more and God granted it. I am looking forward for a more prosperous 2012. Cheers to good health and long life for all of us! 

No comments: